Creepy Co. is hiring! If you dig our brand and are excited at the prospect being an early part of a company that is on a rocket ship to the cosmos, please read below!
We are growing at a phenomenal pace and can no longer do it all ourselves! We’re looking for a Junior Designer to assist with tasks related primarily to designing assets for the Creepy Co. brand.
This is a half-time position (min 20 hours/week with potential to move to full-time) that will begin as soon as possible. All work will be done at Creepy Co. Headquarters in the early stages. (We are on Chicago’s north side off the red line.) After the initial training period, some tasks may be done from your own home. The ideal candidate is looking to supplement their own freelance pursuits with a steady weekly flow of contract work from Creepy Co.
If you like the idea of getting in on the ground floor of an exciting amount of growth, please get in touch! While the bulk of what we need immediately is not glamorous work, this job comes with certain creative freedoms for an individual of the right caliber. In addition to basic work, you'll be asked for your opinion, asked to participate in product development from concept to completion, and will have the opportunity to work on assets for some truly amazing licensed brands!
- Understands and adheres to brand guidelines for both our in-house work and licensed properties
- Innovative thinker with the ability to manage a high volume of individual projects under sometimes challenging time constraints
- Efficient with great attention to detail and the ability to solve problems quickly and creatively
- Produces a variety of brand assets using existing brand templates as well as original concepts following brand guidelines
- Accountable for quality of work and timeliness of delivery across all creative projects
- Collaborates with on-site team to ensure design is consistent with brand expectations and overall project goals
- Chicago-based: preference given to those living within city limits
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, Fine Arts, or related field preferred
- Strong visual communicator with a sharp sense of design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with careful attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects with changing priorities
- Self-motivated, organized, and accountable
- Resourceful problem solver
- Time management skills: ability to meet quick deadlines
- Understanding of the print industry and production process
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office programs – Word, Excel, Power Point
- Strong working knowledge of Creative Suite – Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop
- have some working knowledge of the Creepy Co. brand and a keen interest in horror, pop culture, and lowbrow art. Bonus points for passion!
- Native Mac proficiencies (design team runs on Mac)
- Avid social media user; understanding of Instagram, facebook, Twitter, etc. a must
- Demonstrate trustworthiness, be flexible, and have an easygoing manner.
- 2-3 years experience within a design firm setting, or some combination of skills, education, and experience that reflects a similar level of work competency
Not required but helpful (will bump you immediately to the top of the list!):
- Significant experience with social media marketing
- Basic photography skills (lighting, DSLR camera operation); bonus points for product photography know-how
- Demonstrable illustration skills
- Video-editing skills: ability to work quickly and efficiently in After Effects, iMovie or similar is a GIGANTIC PLUS.
- HTML/CSS, and/or Front end design skills always appreciated
Compensation: commensurate with experience
Are you interested and think you fit the bill? Please email Suz at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and portfolio (or appropriate links to BOTH) attached. Your cover letter should describe your familiarity with Creepy Co. and explain why you think you will be an asset to our company. Please put “New Creepy Co. Junior Designer” in the subject line. PLEASE NOTE: incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!